The Rotterdam Knowledge Lab of Urban Big Data aims to promote knowledge about and development of urban big data policies. To this purpose, it yearly awards a prize for the best thesis on the subject. The winner receives €1.000 and an opportunity to present his/her thesis to an audience from the Rotterdam municipality.
Conditions for the 2021 Award
* Only Master’s theses from Erasmus University Rotterdam are eligible for the award, on condition that they are:
* About (big) data solutions for urban challenges, in any field (including health, economy, mobility, governance, education and safety). Theses do not need to be specifically about Rotterdam.
* Written in Dutch or English
* Graded with 8.0 or higher
* Completed in the academic year 2020-2021
The winner presents his/her thesis to a small audience from the Rotterdam municipality.
The submission deadline is 1 October 2021. Please submit your thesis in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your full name, personal e-mail address and phone number, thesis grade, and at which department and university you wrote your thesis.
A jury will review all submitted theses and appoint a winner by December 2021. Thesis supervisors will not be consulted. Theses will be reviewed with regard to:
* Clarity of the research question
* Extent to which the research question is answered
* Clarity of the method or approach
* Clarity of conclusions
* Societal and scientific relevance and originality
* Argumentative coherence
* Use of sources
* Language use and the structuring of text
Please contact Fadi Hirzalla (email@example.com) for more information about the award.